giovedì 23 aprile 2009

Valparaiso And Pablo Neruda. From – Twenty Poems of Love


I can write the saddest lines tonight.
Write for example: ‘The night is fractured
and they shiver, blue, those stars, in the distance’
The night wind turns in the sky and sings.

I can write the sadd
est lines tonight.
I loved her, sometimes she loved me too.

On nights like these I held her in my arms.
I kissed her greatly under the infinite sky.
She loved me, some
times I loved her too.
How could I not have loved her huge, still eyes.

I can write the saddest li
nes tonight.
To think I don’t have her, to feel I have lost her.

Hear the vast night, vaster without her.
Lines fall on the soul like dew on the grass.
What does it matter that I couldn’t keep her.
The night is fractured and s
he is not with me.
That is all. Someone sings far off. Far off,
my soul is not content to have lost her.
As though to reach her, my sight looks for her.
My heart looks for her: she is not with me

The same night whitens, in the same branches.
We, from that time, we are not the same.

I don’t love her, that’s certain, but how I loved her.
My voice tried to find the breeze to reach her.
Another’s kisses on her, like my kisses.
Her voice, her bright body, infinite eyes.
I don’t love her, that’s certain, but perhaps I love her.
Love is brief: forgetting lasts so long.
Since, on these nights,
I held her in my arms,
my soul is not content to have lost her.
Though this is the last pain she will make me suffer,
and these are the last lines I will write for her.

It is undeniable that the contemporary history of Valparaíso is closely related to the figure of the well-known Chilean poet Pablo Neruda and vice versa. It was in this city looking into the Pacific Ocean that, feeling tired of the noise of Santiago, the writer found a house structure located on Mount Florida with an endless view of the sea, where he could he could “live and write in peace”.
The Port of Valparaiso is a magical land. In this city artists can find inspiration for their works. The love, the hate, the war and the peace are hided in every corner city.
Nicknamed “The Jewel of the Pacific”, Valparaíso was declared a world heritage site based upon its improvised urban design and unique architecture. The official Unesco declaration also places exceptional emphasis on Valparaíso’s unique “intangible heritage,” which includes the city’s ethnic heritage as seen through the traditions and lifestyles of Valparaíso’s immigrant communities.

Mariana Diaz

mandami una mail

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento